You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Email Domain - Move Address between Users

I want to move an address for my custom domain from one user to another - both are members of my iCloud family. I have deleted the address from user A, but I get the following error message when I try to add it to user B.

This email address is not available. Please try again with a different address.

Note - No messages have been sent by or received to the address in question.

Is this supported?

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:07 AM

Hello white-buffalo-09,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help with Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail. You can use these steps to add an email:

"Add a custom email domain

To use a custom domain with iCloud Mail, you need:

To add a personalized email address for a custom domain that you use with iCloud Mail:

• That email address can't be used as the email address for a different Apple ID. 
  • If you want to add a personalized email address that is used for a different Apple ID, you need to change that Apple ID email address.
  • If you delete that Apple ID, you still won't be able to add your personalized email address.

Learn how to add a custom domain for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support

If the address was already previously used with a custom domain for another Apple ID account, it might not be available to be used again with a different account.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2023 10:07 AM in response to white-buffalo-09

Hello white-buffalo-09,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help with Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail. You can use these steps to add an email:

"Add a custom email domain

To use a custom domain with iCloud Mail, you need:

To add a personalized email address for a custom domain that you use with iCloud Mail:

• That email address can't be used as the email address for a different Apple ID. 
  • If you want to add a personalized email address that is used for a different Apple ID, you need to change that Apple ID email address.
  • If you delete that Apple ID, you still won't be able to add your personalized email address.

Learn how to add a custom domain for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail - Apple Support

If the address was already previously used with a custom domain for another Apple ID account, it might not be available to be used again with a different account.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Custom Email Domain - Move Address between Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.