You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my Apple Watch cellular is active (white) but I am connected to Bluetooth then is it using data?

If my Apple Watch cellular is active (white) but I am connected to Bluetooth then is it using data?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 10:10 AM

The watch uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when it can. It choose in this order: Bluetooth-- Wi-Fi -- cellular

The following link says this:

If Bluetooth and Wi-Fi aren't available, and you set up a cellular plan, cellular models of Apple Watch can connect to cellular networks.... Your watch switches between these intelligently to choose the most power-efficient connection.

About Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2023 10:10 AM in response to 1-10breezy

The watch uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when it can. It choose in this order: Bluetooth-- Wi-Fi -- cellular

The following link says this:

If Bluetooth and Wi-Fi aren't available, and you set up a cellular plan, cellular models of Apple Watch can connect to cellular networks.... Your watch switches between these intelligently to choose the most power-efficient connection.

About Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.