You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 2nd generation crackling noises

I’ve had my AirPods 2nd generation since October 2022 and all of a sudden my left AirPods has been making cracking/static noises. After a few minutes of disconnecting & reconnecting the sound will eventually stop. Then the next day the sound will start again. I’ve searched around on google and tried the advice Apple gives (If your AirPods Pro (1st generation) make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support (CA)) but nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone have any other suggestions or will I have to go in to the Apple Store to repair them?

Also if I do need to repair them will I need apple care or will the warranty cover it?

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 8:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 8:59 PM

Adriana_k_m Said:

"AirPods 2nd generation crackling noises: [...]Also if I do need to repair them will I need apple care or will the warranty cover it?"

-------

Troubleshooting Crackling AirPods:

A. Your Link is Incorrect:

The link you provided is for 1st generation AirPods: If your AirPods Pro (1st generation) make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support (CA)

B. Getting these Serviced:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, if AppleCare is not an option, then contact Apple Support. If these are found to be faulty, they might be applicable for exchange. So, here: AirPods Repair & Service - Apple Support

C. Contacting Apple Support:

Explain to the Apple Rep what has happened. They will see this, informing you about where this all, confirm where this all stands in your Apple Account, and run you through the fix.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Note: Calls seem to be taking much longer than normal to get an Apple Rep to answer the call. And that makes sense, because many are at home at the moment (due to the Coronavirus Pandemic), hence they have more free time on their hands for a chance to callApple Support.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2023 8:59 PM in response to Adriana_k_m

Adriana_k_m Said:

"AirPods 2nd generation crackling noises: [...]Also if I do need to repair them will I need apple care or will the warranty cover it?"

-------

A. Your Link is Incorrect:

The link you provided is for 1st generation AirPods: If your AirPods Pro (1st generation) make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support (CA)

B. Getting these Serviced:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty. So, if AppleCare is not an option, then contact Apple Support. If these are found to be faulty, they might be applicable for exchange. So, here: AirPods Repair & Service - Apple Support

C. Contacting Apple Support:

Explain to the Apple Rep what has happened. They will see this, informing you about where this all, confirm where this all stands in your Apple Account, and run you through the fix.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Note: Calls seem to be taking much longer than normal to get an Apple Rep to answer the call. And that makes sense, because many are at home at the moment (due to the Coronavirus Pandemic), hence they have more free time on their hands for a chance to callApple Support.

Jan 12, 2023 8:58 PM in response to Adriana_k_m

Adriana_k_m Said:

"AirPods 2nd generation crackling noises: [...]nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone have any other suggestions or will I have to go in to the Apple Store to repair them?[...]"

-------

A. Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

B. Visit Apple Support links:

C. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

D. Using an App?:

Check and make sure that the balance to the middle.

AirPods 2nd generation crackling noises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.