You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail sends messages from wrong account

Normally when I send new messages they are sent from my .mac account as configured in preferences. But sometimes emails I send go out using a different email address (a google account I use for a community group I belong to). When that happens, I use the pull-down menu in the From: field to change back to my .mac address and none of my iCloud addresses appear on the list of available accounts. If I quit Mail and restart it, then all available email accounts show up again in the pull-down menu. So I have a stopgap solution - quit and restart, but it's a pain in the *** to do, and often I don't catch it before emails go out from an address my correspondents aren't expecting.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it? Thank you in advance.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 11:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 3:12 AM

As I only have only one Account but 3 domains ( mac.com me.com and icloud.com ) this may not apply to your specific situation

Apple Mail >> Setting >> Composing >> " Send new messages from " ?

Similar questions

3 replies

Mail sends messages from wrong account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.