You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch id not working

Hello when i start my iphone i see a message saying "unable to activate Touch id on this iphone" whereas i initially successfully installed touch id and fingerprint...

Im on an iphone 6 on 12,5,6 iOS

Thanks for your help

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 5:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 5:47 AM

Thanks a lot

Are you saying the problem comes from my new screen ?

Because i call the man who changed my screen and he says the problem cant come from the screen but can comes from only from the home touch id's button function or a connection problem on it ?... are you agree ?

6 replies

Jan 14, 2023 5:28 AM in response to SorenQuist

Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Make sure that your fingers and the Touch ID sensor are clean and dry. * For the Touch ID sensor, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris. Your finger should cover the Touch ID sensor completely, touching the surrounding metal ring.

If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

touch id not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.