You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio can't connect to AirPlay? But it will mirror screen...

So as the subject says, I have a Mac studio that has no problem mirroring screen to all of my devices in the house, but won't connect via Airplay to any devices. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 12:13 PM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2023 2:59 PM in response to rhythmmik

Hey there rhythmmik,

We'd like to help however we can, but we'll need more details to better understand what's happening. Let's also rule out some possible causes:

1. You mentioned that when trying to use AirPlay, it won't connect. To which device are you trying to use with AirPlay, and what exactly shows on your Mac when you try using it?
  2. If AirPlay worked in the past without any issues with the same devices, when did this start?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Check out the section ‘Restart your Mac' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  4. We see you have macOS 10.14, but the latest for your version is macOS 10.14.6. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

Mac Studio can't connect to AirPlay? But it will mirror screen...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.