You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iOS 16 not show up for updates

Why does the iOS 16 not show up for updates like why can’t I get it

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 6:31 PM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2023 7:07 PM in response to koi225

koi225 Said:

"Why does iOS 16 not show up for updates: Why does the iOS 16 not show up for updates like why can’t I get it"

-------

For reference...

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an Update will Install:

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS 16 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Jan 14, 2023 7:06 PM in response to koi225

koi225 Said:

"Why does iOS 16 not show up for updates: Why does the iOS 16 not show up for updates like why can’t I get it"

-------

Recent Updates Available Only:

Only the latest iOS version can be installed. So, if you have an iOS16-compatible device, then that is why you are getting this message. Apple does not permit downgrading the iOS. That's the way Apple designed it.

Why does iOS 16 not show up for updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.