You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use split screen in Safari on MacBook

I would like to display 2 tabs in Safari on my MacBook Air which is running Monterey 12.6.2. All the directions seem to refer to older OS. Thanks

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 6:18 PM

Yes.

Terminology can be a bit confusing, but especially so in this regard. What you want to do is accomplished on a Mac using Split View:

Use apps in Split View on Mac - Apple Support

To do what you want, just move a tab to a separate window, and then invoke Split View:

Each of those side-by-side instances of Safari in the above example can have multiple tabs if you wish. The Support document above describes using two apps side by side, but two separate apps is not a prerequisite.

What makes it confusing is the existence of Split Screen in Safari for iPad: Use split screen in Safari on your iPad - Apple Support, and that is not what you are asking about.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2023 6:18 PM in response to ginasdad

Yes.

Terminology can be a bit confusing, but especially so in this regard. What you want to do is accomplished on a Mac using Split View:

Use apps in Split View on Mac - Apple Support

To do what you want, just move a tab to a separate window, and then invoke Split View:

Each of those side-by-side instances of Safari in the above example can have multiple tabs if you wish. The Support document above describes using two apps side by side, but two separate apps is not a prerequisite.

What makes it confusing is the existence of Split Screen in Safari for iPad: Use split screen in Safari on your iPad - Apple Support, and that is not what you are asking about.

Can I use split screen in Safari on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.