You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I just turn dnd off

Sometimes I want to make sure I receive a call. But focus seems to be for specific contacts. What's a simple way to toggle easily between dnd and dnd OFF?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 3:16 PM

The only difference between DND and other focuses is you cannot delete DND where you can wile all others away.

As you found, some focuses since ios16 can be set to reject only certain calls and texts, or you can choose to accept only certain calls and texts.

Make sure you check things like repeated calls when someone can try twice in a short time and get through

Another quick way to turn on a focus is to associate a focus with a lock screen and swap lock screens.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 3:16 PM in response to ConnieMcC

The only difference between DND and other focuses is you cannot delete DND where you can wile all others away.

As you found, some focuses since ios16 can be set to reject only certain calls and texts, or you can choose to accept only certain calls and texts.

Make sure you check things like repeated calls when someone can try twice in a short time and get through

Another quick way to turn on a focus is to associate a focus with a lock screen and swap lock screens.

Jan 16, 2023 2:23 PM in response to LD150

Thanks - that's what I've always done, but I never knew what "Focus" means or whether calls would ring. After putting this question in, I just created a custom DND-Off focus. I have to drill down to select that "Focus" but at least I "know" it will allow any phone calls I may be expecting but whose numbers I don't know. (You pretty much never know what number an incoming call from a business will be.) In order to "Allow All Calls" I had to proceed PAST the "Select contacts to allow calls from" in Settings.

(I have another Focus that accepts calls from my family.) If I can get used to "DND-Off" focus saying it's "On" it might work.

In the meantime, does anyone happen to know what a non DND "Focus" means functionally if there are no Focuses set up at all?

How do I just turn dnd off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.