You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CNN App won't open & can't be deleted

CNN App works fine on my iPhone 14. On my new iPad Pro, when I tap on the icon, it won't open and I only have an option to hide it but I want to delete the app so I can download it again and reinstall. When I search CNN in the app store, it doesn't download CNN but just indicates Open because app is already installed.- and it still doesn't open .

Any suggestions appreciated. TIA

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 8:54 AM

Hey PeterUK38,

If you are having trouble deleting an app so you can redownload it, you can also delete apps through iPad Storage. In the article below it goes into details about storage, but we placed the steps that you help you out.

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Use your device to check its storage
1: Go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. You might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device's storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses.

2: Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. Cached data and temporary data might not be counted as usage.
In the detailed view you can:
• Offload the app, which frees up storage used by the app, but keeps its documents and data.

• Delete the app, which removes the app and its related data.

• Depending on the app, you might be able to delete some of its documents and data.

If your device is almost full and can't free up space, you might get a Storage Almost Full alert. If you see this alert, you should check the storage recommendations or you need to offload some less-used content like videos and apps. 

Reach back out if you have any questions.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 8:54 AM in response to PeterUK38

Hey PeterUK38,

If you are having trouble deleting an app so you can redownload it, you can also delete apps through iPad Storage. In the article below it goes into details about storage, but we placed the steps that you help you out.

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Use your device to check its storage
1: Go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. You might see a list of recommendations for optimizing your device's storage, followed by a list of installed apps and the amount of storage each one uses.

2: Tap an app's name for more information about its storage. Cached data and temporary data might not be counted as usage.
In the detailed view you can:
• Offload the app, which frees up storage used by the app, but keeps its documents and data.

• Delete the app, which removes the app and its related data.

• Depending on the app, you might be able to delete some of its documents and data.

If your device is almost full and can't free up space, you might get a Storage Almost Full alert. If you see this alert, you should check the storage recommendations or you need to offload some less-used content like videos and apps. 

Reach back out if you have any questions.

Take care!

CNN App won't open & can't be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.