You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I only want to share with 1 person in the family?

I pay for extra cloud storage but I only want to share my extra cloud space with my kid and I have 4 other people on the family. Is there a way I can share it with her without sharing it with everyone?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 10:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 2:13 PM

Sorry, it is all or nothing.

If some family members already have their own upgraded iCloud Storage, they can choose not to switch to the shared plan, but there is no option for you to select who can share. Also see: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

You may want to make the suggestion to Apple that they offer the option to select who can share. See: Feedback - iCloud - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2023 2:13 PM in response to Zanniebabi

Sorry, it is all or nothing.

If some family members already have their own upgraded iCloud Storage, they can choose not to switch to the shared plan, but there is no option for you to select who can share. Also see: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

You may want to make the suggestion to Apple that they offer the option to select who can share. See: Feedback - iCloud - Apple

What if I only want to share with 1 person in the family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.