You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Files Download on Macbook M1 (multiple questions)

Hi,

Overall Goal - I want to download my purchased music from Apple Music (Monterey) and convert those to mp3, so I can replay those using Rekordbox - I use a music-key/BPM software to tag each music file.

Issue - in Apple Music's preferences, I changed the media folder location to a new named folder. That all went wel, until I accidentally deleted a folder with five music files in there and emptied my trash can on top of that.

Q1: not sure if these music files are still on my Mac, but when going back to iTunes on Apple Music it cannot locate these files. What would be best? Can I somehow retrieve/redownload these via iTunes again - I don't see an option for that?

Q2: How can I convert Apple's music files using Apple Music - do I convert that within Apple Music app - sorry, little confused reading online instructions?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 9:47 PM

A1. Go to Music menu Account > Purchased to download again.

If you have inadvertently hidden the tracks, see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208167

A2. Go to Music menu Music > Settings > Files > Import Settings.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Music Files Download on Macbook M1 (multiple questions)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.