You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you screen record with audio but not record outside sounds? I just want the computer audio

I want to record a playing video on my computer but I do not want to record external audio I just want the audio on the computer. Please help me I’ve been trying to figure this out for half a year now.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 7:51 PM

1 reply

Jan 17, 2023 10:50 PM in response to INeedS0MuchHelp

Record a screen video with sound on macOS (dani.gg)

Record a screen video with sound

To capture the output sound you need to install third-party software. I recommend the tool Background Music. To install either

After installation, in Screen Recording you will see an option for Mikrophone called Background Music. If you choose this option, the screen recording will also capture the System output audio.

Choose Background Music as Microphone in the Options menu to record System output audio.

How do you screen record with audio but not record outside sounds? I just want the computer audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.