You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ultra Wide monitor resolution issue

I just bought a IIYAMA G-MASTER GB3461WQSU-B1 which has a native resolution of 3440x1440 but my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)  can't run it at its full resolution. 

Some have suggested a WARRKY USB-C To DisplayPort cable but my machine only has thunderbolt 2 ports. Is there an adaptor cable I can use with this or another cable that will allow me to run the full resolution on the monitor?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 12:45 PM

Your display has two DisplayPort 1.4 ports.

Thunderbolt-2 is a SuperSet of Mini DisplayPort.

Mini DisplayPort is a direct re-wire (no conversion) for [Full size] DisplayPort.

try this one, electrically the same as DisplayPort 1.4, and rated up to 4K:

Monoprice Select Series Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to DisplayPort 1.2 Cable, 6ft - Product # 13373 - $6.57  

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 12:45 PM in response to Iain_Petts

Your display has two DisplayPort 1.4 ports.

Thunderbolt-2 is a SuperSet of Mini DisplayPort.

Mini DisplayPort is a direct re-wire (no conversion) for [Full size] DisplayPort.

try this one, electrically the same as DisplayPort 1.4, and rated up to 4K:

Monoprice Select Series Mini DisplayPort 1.2 to DisplayPort 1.2 Cable, 6ft - Product # 13373 - $6.57  

Ultra Wide monitor resolution issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.