You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K not pairing with Homepods

I have a 2022 Apple TV 4K that I've been pairing with some Homepod minis as default audio and ARC, everything had been working fine, but the sound output wasn't quite enough for the living room. I bought some used full sized Homepods, updated them both to the latest software, added them to the living room in the home app, paired them together, removed the old minis from my account, and they will not pair as the default TV audio. I've tried unpairing them and setting each one as default, they'll say they're connected but no audio comes through. If I set them as temporary audio output they'll work fine, but no dolby or spatial, just stereo. All on the same network, I've tried full resets on both Homepods, the Apple TV, soft resets on every other device in the house, no changes. Just wondering if there's anything I've missed or if anyone else has had these issues.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 5:07 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 18, 2023 7:52 PM in response to Rainman63

I’m using 2 OG HomePods for my first Gen Apple TV 4K and they work.

Try signing out of your Apple ID and back in again on the Apple TV and in Home. Reboot the wifi

now I’m just wondering if you bought them used and the data wasn’t cleared out fully? I find pressing the top method Reset works better than the removal method. One time when I did the latter, they were still associated with my iCloud account and never did the full factory reset. Once I did the press the top method they worked.

You might also try the other method of setting the default audio in the home App in the ATV icon.

You’re going to kick yourself now… the big HomePods are back! Second generation just released to pre- order to ship Feb 3 Apple introduces the new HomePod with breakthrough sound and intelligence - Apple

Apple TV 4K not pairing with Homepods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.