You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv app on control center on iPad dropping connection.

Is anyone else having this problem? I use the app in the control center on my iPad to control my Apple TV box (not tv+). Sometimes it will drop the connection and cannot find the tv box. I have to reboot my iPad to locate the connection. How is it connecting to the box, Blue tooth, Wi-Fi? A message comes up saying cannot find on Wi-Fi network?

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 1:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 6:48 AM

The connection between the software remote on iPad and the Apple TV box is through Wi-Fi.

Try restarting the router/access point and the devices, if the issue persists.

Else check for sources of interference for the Wi-Fi signal, including neighboring networks on the same or overlapping Wi-Fi channels.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2023 6:48 AM in response to jerry2

The connection between the software remote on iPad and the Apple TV box is through Wi-Fi.

Try restarting the router/access point and the devices, if the issue persists.

Else check for sources of interference for the Wi-Fi signal, including neighboring networks on the same or overlapping Wi-Fi channels.

apple tv app on control center on iPad dropping connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.