You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini m2 pro 2 studio displays

Hi, Can you connect two 27" 5k Mac Studio Display's to the mac mini M2 Pro using the Thunderbolt 4 connections. I want to make very sure before I buy the Mini. With the M1, I am not able to connect two Mac Studio Displays so hopefully the M2 Pro you can. anyone know for sure on this?

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 8:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 10:01 PM

Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

"Two displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz over Thunderbolt"

4 replies

Jan 19, 2023 11:34 PM in response to BradJupiter

+1 to @Malcolm, but IMO the spec is ambiguous: the section on dual/triple monitor support could be read as always requiring an HDMI monitor connected in tandem. In fact, HDMI is mentioned under all combinations, what’s not clear is whether it’s required or optional.

So, you need to synchronize your purchases so they can be returned within the window should they not work together as envisioned by you. You could also ask the store to hook up two monitors to the Pro and show they work together (but not sure if Apple will go that far to complete a sale).

mac mini m2 pro 2 studio displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.