You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these two devics compaitble?

I have a late 2012 27" iMac (iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) - Technical Specifications (UK)).

I'd like to connect an external display to it and have found the following product on sale somewhere:

Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" - A1407

Can I connect the thunderbolt display to my 2012 iMac? Would I need to do anything special to get the two devices connected/talking? I'm taking a risk on buying the display and want to make sure before I commit.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 7:54 AM

they should be but then most monitors would be compatible my mac mini is connected to an old 17" samsung using thunderbolt to VGA (subD) and a asus 27" using a hdmi to dvi, my old imac used to be connected to a dell 24" using the thunderbolt to dvi, you need not buy an expensive apple made monitor to get a screen

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2023 7:54 AM in response to Christopher Morgan

they should be but then most monitors would be compatible my mac mini is connected to an old 17" samsung using thunderbolt to VGA (subD) and a asus 27" using a hdmi to dvi, my old imac used to be connected to a dell 24" using the thunderbolt to dvi, you need not buy an expensive apple made monitor to get a screen

Are these two devics compaitble?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.