You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Control activating on it’s own

I have had an ongoing issue where I find Voice Control active on my iPhone without me turning it on. I have googled whether there is some kind of shortcut or swipe that invokes it to see if I am accidentally activating it but there doesn’t appear to be.

This first started happening on my iPhone 13 Pro and is also happening on my iPhone 14 Pro and across multiple updates and restarts. I have been using iPhones since the original 2G model so I am not dumping my backup because of this.

Any ideas as to why this would be turning on periodically without my input?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Hey there iSub83,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, after Voice Control has initially been set up, it can you can use "Hey Siri," the Accessibility Shortcut, or go to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control to turn the setting on and off. You can find this information listed in the following link under the "Here are a few other things you can do with Voice Control" section: About the Accessibility Shortcut for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

With that being said, do you by chance have Voice Control enabled as an Accessibility Shortcut? You can check this by going into Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut. If Voice Control is enabled here, try turning the setting off to see if the issue persists.

More information on using Accessibility Shortcuts on your iPhone can be found here: About the Accessibility Shortcut for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Keep us updated with the results.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2023 12:26 PM in response to iSub83

Hey there iSub83,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, after Voice Control has initially been set up, it can you can use "Hey Siri," the Accessibility Shortcut, or go to Settings > Accessibility > Voice Control to turn the setting on and off. You can find this information listed in the following link under the "Here are a few other things you can do with Voice Control" section: About the Accessibility Shortcut for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

With that being said, do you by chance have Voice Control enabled as an Accessibility Shortcut? You can check this by going into Settings > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut. If Voice Control is enabled here, try turning the setting off to see if the issue persists.

More information on using Accessibility Shortcuts on your iPhone can be found here: About the Accessibility Shortcut for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Keep us updated with the results.

Take care!

Voice Control activating on it’s own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.