You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro 2 not updating

My airpods pro 2 is not updating, its version is still 5A374 its the version when i bought it last year.

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 8:47 AM

These steps, i have been trying it for 3 days, still it won’t update, i even tried it not only 30mins but 1hour. Also have tried resetting my airpods pro 2 and reconnecting it to my iPhone12, still it won’t update. I also done chatting with apple support all their suggestions and solutions i have already tried them last 2 days ago. Again i have research the INTERNET and watch multiple YOUTUBE videos. If you think about it, my airpods pro 2 was bought last September 2022 and its version was the 1st ever version 5A374, it said in the apple website that airpods are always updated automatically just plug it to a power and near iPhone with wifi connection and bluetooth. But why my airpods haven’t updated yet, 5A377 was release it didn’t update, 5B58 was release it didn’t update, up until now i have invested time and effort to update it search the internet for solutions still not updating my airpods

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2023 8:47 AM in response to merlinapple

These steps, i have been trying it for 3 days, still it won’t update, i even tried it not only 30mins but 1hour. Also have tried resetting my airpods pro 2 and reconnecting it to my iPhone12, still it won’t update. I also done chatting with apple support all their suggestions and solutions i have already tried them last 2 days ago. Again i have research the INTERNET and watch multiple YOUTUBE videos. If you think about it, my airpods pro 2 was bought last September 2022 and its version was the 1st ever version 5A374, it said in the apple website that airpods are always updated automatically just plug it to a power and near iPhone with wifi connection and bluetooth. But why my airpods haven’t updated yet, 5A377 was release it didn’t update, 5B58 was release it didn’t update, up until now i have invested time and effort to update it search the internet for solutions still not updating my airpods

Jan 27, 2023 8:16 AM in response to Jaeger2890

Hello Jaeger2890,

If you have tried that, and they do not update, make sure you do the following:

1. Make sure you have a Wi-Fi connection and that their AirPods are within Bluetooth range of their companion iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
  2. With the AirPods on, listen to music or other audio content for at least 30 seconds. 
  3. After 30 seconds, put the AirPods back in the Charging Case and close the lid.
  4. Use a Lightning cable to connect the Charging Case to power. Wait 30 minutes for the firmware to update. 
  5. The lid of the AirPods Charging Case needs to be closed during the entire process. If it's opened at any time, the update is interrupted and it starts over.
  6. After 30 minutes, reconnect the AirPods to the iOS, iPadOS, or macOS device.

Check the firmware version again:

• iOS and iPadOS: Go to Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods.
  • macOS: Option-click the Apple logo, then choose System Information.

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Jaeger2890

Thanks for reaching out Jaeger2890,

It sounds like you're having some trouble updating your AirPods Pro. We can help.

You can update your AirPods by following these steps in the article, About firmware updates for AirPods:

Firmware updates are delivered periodically while your AirPods are charging and in Bluetooth range of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

Because firmware updates are delivered automatically, you don't need to update your AirPods.
To use your iPhone or iPad to check that your AirPods are up to date, make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, then tap the Info button  next to the name of your AirPods. Scroll down to the About section to find the firmware version.

To use your Mac to check that your AirPods are up to date, make sure that you have the latest version of macOS. Press and hold the Option key while choosing Apple menu  > System Information. Click Bluetooth, then look under your AirPods for the firmware version. With macOS Ventura, you can also choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click Bluetooth, then click the Info button  next to the name of your AirPods.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Airpods pro 2 not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.