You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen and home screen different wallpaper photos.

I had one photo as my lock screen wallpaper and a different photo as my home screen wallpaper. Now IOS16 seems to require that I use the same photo for both the lock screen and the home screen wallpaper. What happened? How do I use two different photos?

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 8:27 AM

You must change any wallpapers used with earlier versions to new wallpapers (they can be the same, but you must recreate them). See→Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

You can have different wallpapers for the Lock and Home screens, as well as different wallpapers for different Focus settings. But to do this they must be new wallpapers, because the older ones don’t have the software “hooks” necessary for the new features to work.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2023 8:27 AM in response to Skydancer7

You must change any wallpapers used with earlier versions to new wallpapers (they can be the same, but you must recreate them). See→Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

You can have different wallpapers for the Lock and Home screens, as well as different wallpapers for different Focus settings. But to do this they must be new wallpapers, because the older ones don’t have the software “hooks” necessary for the new features to work.

Lock screen and home screen different wallpaper photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.