You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sound on Apple Watch 5

Does anyone know if there had been a solution to fixing this problem that so many people have had? I have no sound on watch, just vibrations. I have tried reset, power off, haptics and sounds. But nothing seems to work. Is this a defect with the Applecwatch 5 series since so many people have had this problem?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:33 AM

3 replies

Jan 24, 2023 5:10 PM in response to cape cod Bob

Yes.

Go into the Watch app on your phone.

Then into Notifications.

This might be time consuming but you should check each individual app in here.

I'll give you a few examples, you might need to check all that are important to you.

Activity - Allow Notifications

Mail - Mirror my iPhone

Messages - Mirror my iPhone

Phone - Mirror my iPhone

Then in the next category

"Mirror iPhone Alerts From:"

Run down the list and toggle those on or off (your preference).

Next check get out of there and go into Sounds & Haptics.

At the top of that screen there is a slider for the Alert Volume. Is it slid towards the right? Mine is sitting in the middle.

Under that slider, there is a toggle for Silent Mode. It should be off (not green).

Next, let's go into your phone settings.

Open Settings (gear icon), go into Bluetooth.

I assume that your Bluetooth is on (green slider).

Look at the list of things showing in "My Devices"

Is there anything in that list that shows "Connected"? Your watch should be, yes. It's there anything else in the list that is currently connected that could be stealing your notifications?

Let me ask you this, can you answer calls from your Watch? Can you hear the caller? If so, I'm going to guess the speaker is ok (unless there is more than one speaker, doh!)

Jan 24, 2023 2:57 PM in response to cape cod Bob

Hi Bob 👋

I doubt that it would survive a reset but have you checked in the control center of the watch to make sure that things aren't shut off in there?

You can swipe upwards at the bottom of your screen to access the control center.

Inside there you will see a half moon, two theater masks, and a bell.

Ideally, all that should be light up (highlighted) is the cellular and/or Wi-Fi, everything else should be darker.

Can you check those for me?

No Sound on Apple Watch 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.