You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i fix running out of iphone storage

i have 2tb of icloud storage and only 64gb of iphone and im completely out of my iphone storage i’ve deleted almost all of my apps and off loaded all of the ones that i can and my pictures are always getting transferred into google photoss

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 9:17 AM

Hi zainab_221,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you need to free up additional space on your iPhone.

If you purchase additional iCloud storage, this doesn't free up additional storage on your iPhone. You can learn more about the differences between your iPhone storage and iCloud storage here: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

You can also reference this article which will show you how to manage your iPhone storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

"Device storage

An Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, or Mac comes with a set amount of storage. The more storage your device has, the more music, apps, photos, and other content you can store on that device. If your device storage is almost full or full, you might get an alert.

Here's how to check the amount of device storage you've used and, if needed, how to optimize and manage your storage space.

Check the device storage on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage to check the amount of device storage that you've used.

The amount of storage that you've used, and how much is still available is shown in the top section.

If you want to free up storage space on your iPhone or iPad:

The iPhone storage itself isn't upgradable. You would need to purchase a new iPhone which includes additional storage to increase the iPhone storage.

We hope this helps you.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2023 9:17 AM in response to zainab_221

Hi zainab_221,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you need to free up additional space on your iPhone.

If you purchase additional iCloud storage, this doesn't free up additional storage on your iPhone. You can learn more about the differences between your iPhone storage and iCloud storage here: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

You can also reference this article which will show you how to manage your iPhone storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

"Device storage

An Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, or Mac comes with a set amount of storage. The more storage your device has, the more music, apps, photos, and other content you can store on that device. If your device storage is almost full or full, you might get an alert.

Here's how to check the amount of device storage you've used and, if needed, how to optimize and manage your storage space.

Check the device storage on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage or iPad Storage to check the amount of device storage that you've used.

The amount of storage that you've used, and how much is still available is shown in the top section.

If you want to free up storage space on your iPhone or iPad:

The iPhone storage itself isn't upgradable. You would need to purchase a new iPhone which includes additional storage to increase the iPhone storage.

We hope this helps you.

Cheers!

how do i fix running out of iphone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.