You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way I can get my printers to work on my new mac minni

I have a Samsung ML-2010 Series Printer and a HP photosmart C4200 printer for colour work. Neither will connect to my new mac Minni. Any help to make them work would be great.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 11:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 6:13 AM

Hi,

Regarding the Samsung ML-2010, the latest printer drivers on the HP (Samsung printers are now part of HP) support pages are for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

This means that you probably would have to carry out a series of experiments in an attempt to find a working driver for macOS 12 Monterey (or newer). It may not work at all.

A discussion Samsung ML-1860 and latest MacOS - Apple Community shows a workaround when printer drivers in the package download Samsung Printer Drivers v2.6 for OS X cannot be installed. A driver for an ML-2010 is not listed in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support, but a very old discussion [printer] Samsung ML-2010 [RESOLVED] - Apple Community seems to indicate that it may be worth testing a Samsung ML-2240 Series driver (which is listed) as a substitute.

Another experiment could possibly include the V3.93.06 (Monterey) version of a Samsung universal driver https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg . The idea would be to try to choose one of the other models mentioned there.

You may have to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything. Software conflicts cannot be ruled out.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 25, 2023 6:13 AM in response to MrsSMac

Hi,

Regarding the Samsung ML-2010, the latest printer drivers on the HP (Samsung printers are now part of HP) support pages are for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

This means that you probably would have to carry out a series of experiments in an attempt to find a working driver for macOS 12 Monterey (or newer). It may not work at all.

A discussion Samsung ML-1860 and latest MacOS - Apple Community shows a workaround when printer drivers in the package download Samsung Printer Drivers v2.6 for OS X cannot be installed. A driver for an ML-2010 is not listed in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support, but a very old discussion [printer] Samsung ML-2010 [RESOLVED] - Apple Community seems to indicate that it may be worth testing a Samsung ML-2240 Series driver (which is listed) as a substitute.

Another experiment could possibly include the V3.93.06 (Monterey) version of a Samsung universal driver https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg . The idea would be to try to choose one of the other models mentioned there.

You may have to reset the printing system between tests.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything. Software conflicts cannot be ruled out.

Is there any way I can get my printers to work on my new mac minni

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.