You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod unable to control devices on first try

Since upgrading to 16.3 my HomePod is unable to control my smart home devices on the first try. Siri responds that there was a problem and that I should try again later.

The second attempt directly after the first try aways works.

The problem occurs irrespective of which device I want to control or which scene I want to set. The first try never works, the second attempt always does.

My HomePod Mini does not have this issue. It always works on the first try.

I have already reset my HomePod and set it up from scratch, but no change.

HomePod, 16

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 12:40 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 26, 2023 11:29 AM in response to stevenmarq

Same here. I have 4 original HomePods (2 stereo pairs) and 5 HomePod Minis (1 stereo pair, two standalone) and the problem is consistent with the original HomePods. I make the same request straight away after and it works.

I’ve done a POPO on all of the affected devices and have also reset my wifi routers but the symptoms seem to point to the HomePods and the update as the actual cause.

HomePod unable to control devices on first try

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.