You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 15

I own an iPhone 7 Plus. I understand that I am unable to update to iOS 16, which I have read is more secure than iOS 15. Should I upgrade to an iPhone 14 so that I may get the latest operating system for the iPhone. Or should I be confident that iOS 15 is secure enough that my data on my phone is secure?

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 10:58 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2023 11:07 AM in response to Dominic Orsini

Hey there,

You can be confident that this version is secure enough to keep your information and data secure, even if you cannot update to iOS 16, Apple releases security updates in the event of security or similar vulnerabilities, so we recommend that you update your device to the latest version if there is an update on your device.

If you need technical support for a security issue—for example, to reset your Apple ID password or to review a recent App Store charge—view the Get help with security issues article. 

If you believe you have discovered a security or privacy vulnerability in an Apple product, learn how to file a report.

ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.