You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add other people in HomeKit even though they have accepted the invite, they have the same screen but no controllability

I can't add other people even though they have accepted the invite, they have the same screen but no controllability

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 2:34 AM

Some users are experiencing this due to the Home Architecture upgrade that was offered during a previous software update. This upgrade was removed and will return soon. It’s unknown when. This has resulted in some invited users losing access to the home. See: Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2023 2:34 AM in response to captaa

Some users are experiencing this due to the Home Architecture upgrade that was offered during a previous software update. This upgrade was removed and will return soon. It’s unknown when. This has resulted in some invited users losing access to the home. See: Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support

I can't add other people in HomeKit even though they have accepted the invite, they have the same screen but no controllability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.