You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting Contacts into a spreadsheet format (using Numbers)

How do I copy a smart group of contacts from Apple Contacts app to a Numbers spreadsheet so that I can effectively manage a mail merge. It should be a simple drag and drop or a cut and paste from Contacts to Numbers. However, some contacts will not copy into the spreadsheet AND if that random unidentified contact is in a group selected the entire group does not paste into the spreadsheet or Numbers crashes. I am trying to make a batch job of copy & paste. The entire group is @ 400 contacts; I've tried doing in groups of 10 and have had no success. Please advise.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 1:09 PM

Open the app "Contacts"

select the contacts you would like to put in a list

Drag the contacts to the canvas of an open Numbers document.

You may have to add Numbers to the list of applications allowed to access data from Contacts.

Open System Preferences > Privacy & Security. Then click the app "Contacts", now click the slider to enable. If Numbers is not list, try dragging contacts from the app "Contact" to Numbers to force an attempt to access

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2023 1:09 PM in response to MacEmge

Open the app "Contacts"

select the contacts you would like to put in a list

Drag the contacts to the canvas of an open Numbers document.

You may have to add Numbers to the list of applications allowed to access data from Contacts.

Open System Preferences > Privacy & Security. Then click the app "Contacts", now click the slider to enable. If Numbers is not list, try dragging contacts from the app "Contact" to Numbers to force an attempt to access

Getting Contacts into a spreadsheet format (using Numbers)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.