You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X portrait not working

I’m using an iPhone X and the portrait mode on the rear camera was working. I dropped my phone sometime but it was still working and it has no crack or anything cause it’s always in a phone case. One day when I wanted to take pictures using the back camera portrait mode I discovered that it’s not working. When I take a picture on portrait mode it does even show in photos that it’s a portrait it just saves it as a normal picture. Addition to that when taking the photo it does not sense any subject and when I change the lighting no effect takes place. So what should I do?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 4:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 5:09 AM

Open Camera, then select Portrait mode. · Follow the tips onscreen to frame your subject in the yellow portrait box. · Drag the Portrait Lighting control to

Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

1 reply

iPhone X portrait not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.