You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock iPhone

How can I unlock my iPhone with my passcode. I DID NOT FORGET IT. My kid was messing around with my phone and it is locked for 6 hours! Please someone has an answer to this?

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:15 AM

Wait six hours and then enter the passcode again. There are no other options unless you want to erase the phone and start all over again from scratch.

Next time, if the kid messes around long enough.....(the wrong passcode is entered 10 times)......you will be completely locked out of your own phone with no options to proceed except erase the phone and start over again.

IF....that happens, and you want the phone to look like it did before it was locked, you will need a current backup to reload onto the phone after it has been erased.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2023 9:15 AM in response to jdmvd80

Wait six hours and then enter the passcode again. There are no other options unless you want to erase the phone and start all over again from scratch.

Next time, if the kid messes around long enough.....(the wrong passcode is entered 10 times)......you will be completely locked out of your own phone with no options to proceed except erase the phone and start over again.

IF....that happens, and you want the phone to look like it did before it was locked, you will need a current backup to reload onto the phone after it has been erased.

unlock iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.