You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone been contacted by Quickhelp 24-7 about Firewall Security? Is is a scam?

Has anyone been contacted by Quickhelp 24-7 about Firewall Security? Is is a scam?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 11:08 AM

Same thing just happened with my mom. She didn’t send the check and now they are blowing up her phone with calls that come up as “spam”and sending threatening emails that they are going to disable her device and if she doesn’t send the $ there will be legal consequences. A report has been filed with the FTC and after reading this thread I’m wondering what can be done if they continue to attempt to reach her? Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2023 11:08 AM in response to SimplySouthernGirl

Same thing just happened with my mom. She didn’t send the check and now they are blowing up her phone with calls that come up as “spam”and sending threatening emails that they are going to disable her device and if she doesn’t send the $ there will be legal consequences. A report has been filed with the FTC and after reading this thread I’m wondering what can be done if they continue to attempt to reach her? Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue.

Mar 13, 2023 11:35 AM in response to corrine197

Don't mail the check! I almost did, but the whole thing just wasn't sitting right with me. Got the loud voice message on my computer with a pop-up, and I fell for it. I gave them access to my computer, it looked like they were fixing it, but actually added two malwares. Wanted me right then to access my bank account so they could get their $250, I wouldn't do it so they said I could send a check. The next day I got two calls asking if I sent the check. Had a reputable company scan my computer today and they deleted the malware that was installed Friday. So thankful I didn't send them my check!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.