You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Gift Card for Trade-in Rather than Cash

I recently purchased a new MacBook Air. In the process I used a combination of gift cards (totally $310) and a trade-in (valued at $400). The Mac was about $1,269.00 total. I have run this scenario multiple times over the years and have always received the credit as expected. This time I got an email saying that my device had been received and all was well. Instead of receiving a $400 credit to the original method of purchase, I got a $115 credit and $310 worth of Apple credit. I didn’t want the Apple credit, I wanted the cash credit to my original method of payment. Am I missing something here? This feels like a way to make me purchase more products that I don’t need or want. Anything I can do to fix this situation?

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 3:24 PM

1 reply

Apple Gift Card for Trade-in Rather than Cash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.