You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updates

i want to install the newest version on my mac

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:37 AM

6 replies

Jan 30, 2023 9:04 AM in response to normy64

What Mac model / year do you have?

If it is in fact running 10.13 High Sierra as your tag line suggests, there won't be a software update option in System Preferences.

If you have a compatible model with macOS 13.x Ventura, then you should be able to download it from the Mac App Store app.

You need one of the models listed here: click here ➡️ macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

Then follow the steps in the document linked below.

Link ➡️ How to download macOS - Apple Support

Jan 30, 2023 11:27 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob Timmons wrote:

No matter what model of Mac that you have........

Hmmm, no. 😉 The Software Update option in System Preferences does not exist in macOS versions earlier than Mojave. So yes, it matters what Mac model and what macOS version it is running.

The Software Update option found in the Apple Menu, only shows updates to apps and the current version of macOS installed. But will not show upgrades to newer version of MacOS.

normy64 wrote:

I have a mac pro 13. It is a late 2011 model

A Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro are 2 different things. not be to be confused with each other. A 2011 (technically released in 2010) Mac Pro looks like this:

A 2011 MacBook Pro is a laptop:

Neither model can update to the current macOS Ventura. however the 2011 Mac Pro can update to Mojave if it has an upgraded video card. Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on Mac Pro (Mid 2010) and Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Apple Support

For a 13" 2011 MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 is the end of the road for updates.

updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.