You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tvOS 16.3 loses Wi-Fi • Apple TV 4K requires restart

Ever since installing the tvOS 16.3 on my Apple TV 4K, it abruptly loses its Wi-Fi internet connectivity across different apps with no buffering insures before. At the same time, my other Wi-Fi devices maintain great strength at 400+ mbps. Even my other non-4K Apple TV with v16.3 works just fine.

The only solution is to go to the Apple TV 4K’s system settings and “restart” or physically unplug and replug in my Apple TV. Force quitting the apps doesn’t work.

I never experienced this in previous tvOS versions. Anyone else experiencing this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 10:35 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 31, 2023 2:44 PM in response to DP82

Hi DP82,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're experiencing connectivity issues with your Wi-Fi since updating your Apple TV. To address this behavior, restart your Apple TV, router, and modem.

"After you restart each device, see if you still need help.

On the Apple TV menu, go to Settings > System and select Restart.

Unplug your router and your cable or DSL modem from power. Then plug them back in."

Find these steps and more in If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support.

Regards.

tvOS 16.3 loses Wi-Fi • Apple TV 4K requires restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.