You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting call notification on iphone and getting only on apple watch ultra

I have an apple watch ultra and activated e sim on my watch. When my iphone and watch are not in range, the LTE gets activated on the watch. If someone calls me, I only get call notification on my watch and not on my phone ?

I am sure apple is smart enough to set things that one gets notification on both the devices if they are not in range.

Is someone else facing this issue ?

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 11:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 12:01 AM

You can't receive notifications on both devices.

copied from:Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies

Jan 31, 2023 12:37 AM in response to hiteshm

You need to distinguish between call rings and notifications about a missed call.

With phone in range then notifications are as Ingo2711 explained, however you should get rings on both devices.

If your phone is out of range then the Watch, if you have a cellular model, will assume that you are the one wearing the Watch and therefore you will want to be called on the Watch, not on the phone a mile away.

Not getting call notification on iphone and getting only on apple watch ultra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.