You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Bluetooth

My iPhone has stopped paring with my other iPhone through Bluetooth

it keeps saying pairing unsuccessful meanwhile it used to be connected

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 8:05 AM

There may be something in the following that will help: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Be sure to check all of that support article, including the "If you still can't connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth" section and if nothing else works, the "Get more help" section.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2023 8:05 AM in response to Emmanuelyeb

There may be something in the following that will help: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Be sure to check all of that support article, including the "If you still can't connect to Personal Hotspot with Bluetooth" section and if nothing else works, the "Get more help" section.

Jan 31, 2023 3:06 PM in response to Emmanuelyeb

See the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Feb 1, 2023 1:49 AM in response to sberman

Thank You for the reply, maybe this explanation will help

My iPhone 11 Pro max with up to date IOS does not connect to my iPhone 13 pro max via Bluetooth. Anytime I try I see a pop up that says " Pairing unsuccessful" . It used to be connected without any issues until 2 days ago when it kept saying unable to connect and I decided to click on " forget this device" now it does not pair with my other iPhone. I have restarted the phone, updated them to current ios and have unpaired all other devices but still can not connect. And it seems that is happening to other iPhones as well. I normally connect my iphones to share internet.

Thank you

iPhone Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.