You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Black background

My Apple 14 phone’s background randomly goes black. The phone is less than a month old. Can I fix this myself or do I need to go to an Apple Store? I’m not very tech savvy, unfortunately.

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 5:50 PM

My recommendation is that you change the Wallpaper/Background by Opening Settings ➡️ Wallpaper and then choosing another Wallpaper. See whether that resolves the issue.

If the above step does not resolve the issue, then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

If the above doesn’t work or you are having difficulty executing the task, then you can have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2023 5:50 PM in response to ApplephoneSOS

My recommendation is that you change the Wallpaper/Background by Opening Settings ➡️ Wallpaper and then choosing another Wallpaper. See whether that resolves the issue.

If the above step does not resolve the issue, then Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

If the above doesn’t work or you are having difficulty executing the task, then you can have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

Random Black background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.