You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access MLS Season Pass subscription on MacBook Pro (with updated Big Sur 11.7.3)

Although I am successfully subscribed to the new MLS Season Pass for AppleTV in '23 and can access it from my iPhone13, MLS Season Pass does not appear in my AppleTV app on my MacBook despite updating to the latest iOS (Big Sur 11.7.3). What's wrong?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2023 9:48 AM

As near as I can tell, you MUST have the latest OS installed in order to see MLS in the ATV app. Otherwise, you’re limited to using a browser to access ATV+ website.

Apple has done a very poor job of emphasizing this in their marketing. And in this discussion.

9 replies

Feb 1, 2023 11:53 AM in response to hoganandsnead

Thanks for your perspective with an old MacBook like mine! While still having absolutely no luck accessing MLS Season Pass with AppleTV app on my Macbook, I did go the route that you did via the browser version of AppleTV. Voilà! There it is!

But what's funny is that in the browser version of AppleTV, there's a link in the upper left that prompts the user to go to the AppleTV app. While successfully in MLS Season Pass on the browser, when I click on that prompt it takes me to the app... where the MLS pass disappears.

Definitely a glitch in the AppleTV app.

Thanks again! (and Go Rapids! ;) )

Feb 1, 2023 11:15 AM in response to donnybleu

Try looking for an MLS promotional tile in the Watch Now tab of the TV app on Mac.

Try looking for the circular Channel icon for MLS in the Watch Now tab of the TV app (scroll down).

Try looking for an MLS promotional tile in the Search tab of the TV app. Else type ‘MLS’ in the Search field.

Else try a cold restart (not sleep-wake, but really off for a while).

If the issue persists, then contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

Feb 25, 2023 7:48 PM in response to McAuliff

Yes. After seeing other responses and researching further, this is not only about having the latest version of OS version. I have the latest OS version that Apple makes available for my 2014 MacBook Pro to run. It’s becoming quite clear that the AppleTV app fails to run on OS’s of older MacBooks… which is beyond lame since BOTH products are Apple products. Fail. But will give it time for Apple to bridge. Just not holding breath.

Mar 12, 2023 2:07 PM in response to donnybleu

Same issue... cannot access MLS Season Pass on 2021 MacBook Pro. macOS Monterey (12.6.3). Can access MLS Season Pass on Safari, 'Open TV->' 'Content Unavailable. This content is no longer available.'

Nothing available when searching 'MLS' and nothing in Watch Now.

This is a pretty big bug for an expensive subscription and hardware set.

Cannot access MLS Season Pass subscription on MacBook Pro (with updated Big Sur 11.7.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.