You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID must be different than notification email. Why?

Why do I have to use a diff email address for Apple ID and notify email?

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 5:46 PM

4 replies

Feb 3, 2023 4:13 AM in response to LostIDToday

Are you sure it requires a notification email address? The article kind of implies you do not. Two-factor does not use email for anything critical. It won't send a verification code by email.

Rescue email address

"If you have two-factor authentication or two-step verification, you have a notification email address instead of a rescue email address and won't need to remember security questions."

"You can have a rescue email address only if you don't have two-factor authentication or two-step verification. A rescue email is optional but recommended."

Maybe askApple?

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Feb 3, 2023 12:31 AM in response to Limnos

When describing Apple ID email the article says: "It's also the contact email address for your account. Be sure to check your inbox regularly. We'll send you email notifications to help you manage your account."

But Apple also asks for a separate Notification Email even though they just said they would send me notifications to the Apple ID email.

Having, and only wanting, just one email account, I'm not sure how important the Notification email is. AND it cannot be the same as the Apple ID address. Currently, my Apple ID is an address that is going dormant.

Apple ID must be different than notification email. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.