You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro x Keeps Crashing

After updating to the recent upgrade my Final Cut Pro x hasn't been allowing me to edit. I drop a few clips in and start my chopping or color grading and here comes the random moment of freeze and the rainbow wheel of doom and back to desktop screen I go.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 7:04 PM

9 replies

Feb 3, 2023 12:19 AM in response to Teji_Video

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Use the “additional text” button and paste the report into the text box.

Also, whenever the application crashes you need to delete its preferences. To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an “Untitled” library.

Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Feb 7, 2023 11:56 AM in response to cabcomp

cabcomp wrote:

I can't even open the app, it keeps not responding. Last time I opened the app made a video, it was fine. Now I can't even open.

It is not clear if your problem is the same of the OP or not.

You should start a new thread, and give complete details of your mac, OS and FCP versions.

To save time, because we will ask for it, run Etrecheck and post its report.

Final Cut Pro x Keeps Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.