You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my iPhone XR charging port changed size?

iPhone XR, the charging port hole has changed size and the charging connector no longer fits in the hole. Tried 3 different charging connectors, and none fits into the hole. There is nothing inside blocking the connector. Instead, the phone’s case charging hole is smaller than it used to be. No kidding, have a large magnifying glass with light, and all the charger connectors I tried are larger than the hole on the metal case of the phone. The phone is in a protective plastic case and shows no damage. It charged yesterday. But, not today. All my charging connectors work fine on my iPad.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 10:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:21 PM

If you feel your charging connector has changed size, make an appointment to have your phone examined.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies

Why did my iPhone XR charging port changed size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.