You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty Macbook keyboard

I have a faulty Macbook keyboard, but I didn't get it repaired within 4 years of purchasing, used to be just 2 keys, but now more keys become problematic, is there any help I could get from Apple since there is a class action and settlement indicate this is a systematic problem.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:24 PM

fp0103 wrote:

I have a faulty Macbook keyboard, but I didn't get it repaired within 4 years of purchasing, used to be just 2 keys, but now more keys become problematic, is there any help I could get from Apple since there is a class action and settlement indicate this is a systematic problem.

This is not possible at this time...

If you have Applecare+ this will cover a large portion of the repair

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you can not justify the repair expense, a work-a-round is to use an external keyboard.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2023 4:24 PM in response to fp0103

fp0103 wrote:

This is not possible at this time...

If you have Applecare+ this will cover a large portion of the repair

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you can not justify the repair expense, a work-a-round is to use an external keyboard.

Faulty Macbook keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.