You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iPad

Hi, I bought an ipad pro 12,9 2022 in august 2022 and I would like to change it with an smaller ipad. Can I change it and get the money difference back?

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:23 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2023 9:24 AM in response to Merva028

If purchased directly from Apple, you have 14-days within which you can unconditionally return an unwanted device for exchange or refund. After expiry of 14-days, this opportunity is lost. As such, your proposal to return your iPad and exchange for a smaller/cheaper model - and receive the cost difference - isn’t available to you.

Trade-in may be an option - although trade-in is only available for previous generation models, not current models. Presumably you have a fifth or earlier generation iPad Pro 12.9” which should qualify; he available trade-in value will be considerably less than the price paid. You can obtain an estimated trade-in value here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Your remaining option is to consider selling your iPad Pro privately - although to make a sale, potential buyers will likely expect to pay much less than the “as new” cost of the iPad. You might expect to sell your iPad for more than the trade-in value, but somewhat less than purchasing a reconditioned identical model from Apple.

Change iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.