You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email address missing from contacts

Email address disappeared from my contact list on iphone 13

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 5:58 PM

Hey there Hazel1927,

That's a strange thing to occur, so we'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. You mentioned that an email address disappeared from one of your saved contacts, but we wanted to confirm if this has only occurred with that one specific contact?
  2. When did this occur?
  3. Do you recall changing any account settings, or even deleting an account you once had set up to sync with Contacts app on your iPhone? You can check which accounts are syncing with Contacts that are currently set up in your iPhone by tapping upon each account under Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  5. If you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 16.3. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 5:58 PM in response to Hazel1927

Hey there Hazel1927,

That's a strange thing to occur, so we'd like to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some possible causes:

1. You mentioned that an email address disappeared from one of your saved contacts, but we wanted to confirm if this has only occurred with that one specific contact?
  2. When did this occur?
  3. Do you recall changing any account settings, or even deleting an account you once had set up to sync with Contacts app on your iPhone? You can check which accounts are syncing with Contacts that are currently set up in your iPhone by tapping upon each account under Settings > Contacts > Accounts.
  4. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone
  5. If you have a compatible iPhone model, the latest version is iOS 16.3. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update your iPhone or iPad.

Cheers!

Feb 8, 2023 7:10 AM in response to Hazel1927

Hey there Hazel1927, 

You mentioned removing a number of apps. It may be helpful to explore what apps were removed. For instance, were any email or messaging apps removed? If so, are you still signed in to the email address for the apps that were removed?

Use other contact accounts on iPhone: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support   

Have a good one!

Feb 8, 2023 3:02 AM in response to bruno75

1. In my contact list on the phone, all the contacts information is intact - when I go to reply to an email on my phone it works, but when I want to forward it to someone it a lot of the emails are missing and greyed out and then the screen freezes I can close down and go back into it and gives me the option to cancel draft. - I have recently deleted apps etc to free some space and since then this has been happening. I do not have this problem with my ipad that is working fine with the emails

email address missing from contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.