You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing part of a Numbers spreadsheet

Still no feature for this basic operation yet. I saw advice to use a "Preview" app but it wasn't clear which app to download from the App Store. I thought I'd just copy part of my spreadsheet and past it into a new blank spreadsheet. Unbelievably it didn't keep any of my formats! I had to resize every column! If Apple won't improve Numbers, is there a work-around to print part of a spreadsheet?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 1:44 PM

the app "Preview" is built in and is stored in the Applications folder.

The way I print just a portion of a Numbers doc, is select the items, copy

open Preview (in the Applications folder), then select the menu item "File > New From Clipboard"

then print, scale as needed to fit on the target paper

2 replies

Feb 6, 2023 1:48 PM in response to hank3737

To only print a portion of a table, I guess I would take different steps depending on the specifics...

Are you trying to print

• a column
  • a row
  • a rectangular selection?

you can hide the columns and rows you do not want to print, and use the print dialog to choose which pages to print.

If you post a screenshot of the document in question and describe what you want to print it would be helpful in providing a specific solution

Printing part of a Numbers spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.