You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you mean a text?

I would like to add a dashcam app to my carplay how do I know if it is compatible to apple ,so I can add it. Don

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 1:09 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2023 2:34 PM in response to Mydogzoe

Hi Mydogzoe,

Here is some helpful information about apps supported by CarPlay:

"CarPlay supports other apps on your iPhone — like your favorite audio, messaging, and voice apps, along with apps in categories like third-party parking, EV charging, quick food ordering, fueling, and driving task apps. Apps developed by car manufacturers are also supported, so you can control more of your car’s features without ever leaving CarPlay.2 You can personalize your experience by rearranging exactly how your apps appear in CarPlay through settings on your iPhone. And app developers have access to a variety of tools and templates that enable them to provide smarter, safer ways to use iPhone in the car.

• Audiobooks
  • News+
  • Podcasts
  • Amazon Music
  • Audible
  • Audiobooks.com
  • CBS Radio
  • ChargePoint
  • Downcast
  • Dunkin’
  • iHeartRadio
  • LINE
  • LiveXLive
  • MLB3
  • NPR One
  • Overcast
  • Pandora
  • Panera Bread
  • PlugShare
  • SiriusXM Radio
  • SpotHero
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • Tidal
  • VOX
  • WhatsApp
  • YouTube Music"

More information about CarPlay here: iOS - CarPlay - Apple

You can also see if the app is CarPlay supported when you search in the iOS App Store.

For further information about the app and its compatibility, you can use the steps here to contact the app developer: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Cheers!

What do you mean a text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.