You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing on iPhone 14Pro

hi. Home sharing will not show up in my Music App on my iPhone 14. WhenI press Edit in the App it appears but not when I open the App to try to access my music library on my iMac

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 2:48 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 10, 2023 3:03 PM in response to oakey53

Hello oakey53,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. Our recommendation is to ensure that Home Sharing is set up correctly. This will ensure that Home Sharing is properly configured correct to work with your devices. Here are the steps you want to make sure to follow:

Before you set up Home Sharing
∙ Update all of your Apple devices to the latest versions of iOSiPadOSmacOS, and tvOS. On your PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

∙ Connect all of your devices to the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.

∙ Make sure that all of your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID and authorized to play purchases using that Apple ID.

Set up Home Sharing
Before you can use Home Sharing, you need to set it up on your Mac or PC.

Set up Home Sharing on your Mac
1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click General in the sidebar.
2. Click Sharing on the right.
3. Turn on Media Sharing, then click the Info button  next to it.
4. Select Home Sharing, then enter your Apple ID and click Turn on Home Sharing. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
After Media Sharing is turned on, Home Sharing is selected

Use Home Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To use Home Sharing to access your computer's media library on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, sign in to Home Sharing on your device:

1. To see a music library, go to Settings > Music. To see a video library, go to Settings > TV > iTunes Videos.
2. Under Home Sharing, tap Sign In.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.

After you sign in, connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer, and open the Music app, Apple TV app, or iTunes for Windows on your computer.

See shared music
Home Sharing in the Apple Music Library tab on an iPhone 
1. Open the Music app and tap Library.
2. Tap Home Sharing. Don't see it? Tap Edit, select Home Sharing, then tap Done.
3. Choose a shared library.

See shared videos
A shared library in the Apple TV app Library tab on an iPhone 
1. Open the TV app.
2. Tap Library.
3. Choose a shared library.

Following these steps can help you to access the media library with Home Sharing and is outlined in this article: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Kind regards.

home sharing on iPhone 14Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.