You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock on apple watch

i bought my daughter an apple watch on amazon for christmas and she has forgotten the email she used to set it up and she no longer has the phone she originally linked it too. i have proof where i bought it but it doesn’t have the imei listed on the receipt. how can i get this unlocked for her?

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 7:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 7:51 PM

Request additional support for unlocking your device -

https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

If you can't gain access to the Apple ID that paired the watch to the phone, take the watch and your original receipt showing the watch’s serial number, plus your photo ID to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3.1; HomePods, audioOS 16.3.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 7:51 PM in response to nikkijo83

Request additional support for unlocking your device -

https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

If you can't gain access to the Apple ID that paired the watch to the phone, take the watch and your original receipt showing the watch’s serial number, plus your photo ID to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3.1; HomePods, audioOS 16.3.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

activation lock on apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.