You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable long press cmd on magic keyboard

I use the cmd button frequently on my iPad Pro 12.9 running iOS 16.3. After a few seconds of holding the key I get a pop up for app specific shortcuts. I would like to disable the pop up from appearing, but cannot figure out where this is in the settings.

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Cell 5G

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 7:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 7:07 AM

To my knowledge, the long-press of the CMD-key, intended to summon the Keyboard Shortcuts menu, cannot be suppressed from iPad settings.

Use shortcuts on an Apple external keyboard with iPad - Apple Support

Apple does invite submission of feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2023 7:07 AM in response to snkennelly

To my knowledge, the long-press of the CMD-key, intended to summon the Keyboard Shortcuts menu, cannot be suppressed from iPad settings.

Use shortcuts on an Apple external keyboard with iPad - Apple Support

Apple does invite submission of feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

How to disable long press cmd on magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.