You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone storage

I’ve got 14k photos on my iphone but iphone storage says it occupies 80GB. I know other people with similar or more pictures and it only occupies 5GB. I’m about to run off GB on my iphone because of this. Does anyone know how to solve this?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 4:44 PM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2023 8:00 PM in response to oliviadla

oliviadla Said:

"iphone storage: I’ve got 14k photos on my iphone but iphone storage says it occupies 80GB. I know other people with similar or more pictures and it only occupies 5GB. I’m about to run off GB on my iphone because of this. Does anyone know how to solve this?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

You need to clear data. And lots of unwanted data can be cleared.

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan.

So, what to do:

Find out on my two user tips:

Feb 9, 2023 7:38 PM in response to oliviadla

Oliviadla, nice to meet you.

My thought is that the person who is only using that 5GB is only using 5GB because they are uploading all their photos to iCloud and optimizing their storage.

If you only want to use 5GB of photos, canceling iCloud will reduce the amount of photos that occupy your storage.

(Translated using Deepl.)

iphone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.